Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Telluride Joy

I was blessed with the opportunity to fill in a gig at Telluride, Colorado just recently. Basically, it was for children and in conjuction with their Farmer's Market which is held at the same time as the Telluride Bluegrass Festival. The whle town resembles an anthill with folks moving from one place to another in seemingly aimless patterns. Lots and lots of folks going to and fro and then back again. Little people and big people coming off the gondola and streaming down the street and then turning back after an hour and moving back again. Up and down seeking who knows what.
In this endless motion setting, I sat under a canopy telling stories to children ages minus 1 to 7 and a few adult parents and chaperones. The Grasshopper Song and the Big Mouth Frog did very well because we all got to be a part of the story. "Ain't No Bugs On Me." didn't fair so well since I didn't really have time to teach the words to the chorus and we didn't have enough older children to remember the lyrics easily. All in all, GREAT TIME!
And the scenery! Well, it's impossible to describle, so all you readers will just have to take the trip. Super place, super librarian, super support staff, super experience. Well worth the 7 1/2 hour drive home to Loveland. I'd do it again, just about anytime.
Pick me, pick me, pick me!

No comments: